The installation on Linux is not interactive. In order to specify the account to use you can:
- Create a configuration file before installation
- Configure the account with the management console after installation
If you want to create a configuration file before installation (this step is optional, the account can be configured after setup from the console), here is how to proceed:
Create a directory for the configuration files:
mkdir -p /usr/local/etc/arx.one/backup
Create an empty configuration file :
Paste the content of the initial configuration into the created file :
Account: <account> Password: <password>
You need to replace
<password> with the actual values.
Important notes :
- Account is the full account name. Its encoding is specific to this configuration file :
>must be replaced by
--(double dash). For instance, the account
- After the agent start the password will be encrypted within the configuration file and will no longer be visible.
To proceed with the installation, enter the following command in your terminal:
wget -qO- get.arx.one/backup | bash
On the Linux platforms, the backup agent does not allow the account configuration during setup. To link a backup account to a Linux agent, please go to the below paragraph "How to link an account to a Linux or a Synology agent".
The backup agent updates are done with system updates:
apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
How to link an account to a Linux agent
To setup a backup account with a Linux agent, here is what you need to do :
- Make sure that the backup agent is properly installed and started on the target machine
- Launch the backup management console on a Windows machine
- Fill the Account field in the login dialog with the account name
- Fill the Password field in the login dialog with the account's password
- Fill the Computer field in the login dialog with target machine's IP address
- Click on the connection button
As shown below :
Be careful, this procedure can only be done once. Once the account has been linked to the target machine, you can only change the account by deleting or editing the configuration files.
You can use the console connection procedure for the next connections.